Creative Thinking + Innovation
Creative thinking and innovation are vital components in both our personal and professional lives. However, many people feel as though they are lacking in creativity. What most of us do not recognize is that we are creative on a daily basis, whether it’s picking out what clothes to wear in the morning or stretching a tight budget at work.
While these tasks may not normally be associated with creativity, there is a great deal of creativity involved to get those jobs done. Some people seem to be simply bursting with creativity, others find it a struggle to think outside the BOX. If you fall into that category, it is important to understand that boosting your creative and innovative abilities takes practice. Recognizing and honing your own creative potential is a process. That’s what this two-day workshop is all about.
What Will Participants Learn?
- How to identify the difference between creativity and innovation
- How to recognize their own creativity
- Ways to build their own creative environment
- The importance of creativity and innovation in business
- Problem solving steps and tools
- Individual and group techniques to help generate creative ideas
- How to implement creative ideas
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
What Topics are Covered?
- What is creativity and innovation?
- Individual creativity and how to get creative
- Developing the right environment for creativity
- Creativity and innovation in business
- Where does creativity fit into the problem-solving process?
- Defining the problem
- Creative techniques (RAP model, shoe swap, mind mapping, metaphors and analogies, situation/solution reversal)
- Encouraging creativity in a team (brainstorming, rolestorming, brainwriting, stepladder, and slip writing)
- Putting it all together